Universal Plastics sources the highest quality materials from our extensive network of leading suppliers within the industry. A selection of the most commonly used custom packaging materials are listed below.
- ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene): Very common material. Good stiffness and impact strength. Available in a wide variety of colors and several textures. Available in UL94-V0 grades (Flame Retardant). Similar to HIPS but higher impact strength.
- HDPE (High Density Polyethylene): Excellent impact and chemical resistance, but dimensionally less stable. Opaque or milky-white color.
- HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene): Low cost, rigid, forms easily and available in many grades.
- PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate): Commonly used in food packaging. Good physical properties. FDA grades available. Cost effective, easy to process, water clear.
- PETG (Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol): Excellent physical properties. ETO, GAMMA and EB sterilizable, water clear. Medical grade available.
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride): Low cost. Readily available in many different grades. Clear.
- RPET (Reprocessed Polyethylene Terephthalate): Commonly used in food packaging. Clear. Lower cost. FDA certification available.
Other specialty materials are available, just ask us for guidance.
To learn about materials used for our heavy gauge products click here.