Custom Clamshell Packaging
Our extensive experience with custom clamshell packaging along with an ISO 9001:2008 certification allows us to design ideal solutions for all of your custom clamshell packaging needs. Custom clamshell packaging from Universal Plastics will display your products for optimum value, protect against pilferage and maximize the use of expensive shelf space. Universal Plastics has expertise in various industries including custom clamshell packaging for food, retail and medical products.
Universal does not stock any standard clamshells and we do not sell products “off the shelf”. All of our plastic clamshells are custom manufactured to your specifications. We welcome the opportunity to quote on your custom clamshell so that you can see if this is an appropriate option for you.
What is Custom Clamshell Packaging?
Plastic clamshell packaging is a thermoformed plastic package designed to encapsulate and clearly display a retail product. The term clamshell refers to the hinging of the product similar to a “clamshell” that you may find at the beach. Some custom plastic clamshell packaging products will have a single hinge with the ability to also hang from a shelf. Other more complicated custom plastic clamshell packaging needs may require a multi-hinged design as well as a base for multiple display options.
Whatever your custom plastic clamshell packaging requirements may be, Universal Plastics will assist you in the design, tooling and manufacture of your product. Contact Us today for a consultation.
Custom Clamshell Packaging Capabilities at Universal Plastics:
Our custom manufacturing expertise along with an ISO 9001:2008 certification allows us to design ideal solutions for all of your custom clamshell packaging needs.
Universal Plastics has manufactured custom clamshell packaging products in material thickness ranging from 0.010 inches to 0.055 inches. We have the know-how to work with you and determine the right thickness based on your specific needs.
Materials most commonly used for custom clamshell packaging include OPS, PVC, PETG and RPET. Other specialty materials are available based on your needs. For more information, contact us.
Custom clamshell packaging from Universal Plastics will display your products for optimum value, protect against pilferage and maximize the use of expensive shelf space.
As a U.S.-based manufacturer located in the Northeast, consider the following benefits of working with Universal Plastics:
- Industry-leading design and engineering expertise: Through our extensive experience and long history in custom packaging, we will create a custom plastic clamshell package which meets your specific needs and provides a superior visual presence over your competitors.
- Exceptional quality from a U.S. Supplier: Your packaging requirements are quoted, engineered and manufactured domestically in the U.S. We control all quality issues and provide a product with optimal quality standards. As a U.S. based manufacturer, you can be assured that we will deliver on what we quote.
- Highly competitive and rapid-turnaround tooling: Our top-notch tooling assures that your product gets to market faster, on time and on budget. Most tools are manufactured in 4-5 weeks.
- ISO 9001 complaint and a strong focus on exceptional quality: Universal Plastics is ISO registered. Please visit our ISO Certificate.
- Sealing capabilities: compatible with standard sealing equipment & processes across various industries including food, medical and retail clamshell packaging.
Custom Food Clamshell Packaging:
Universal Plastics will partner with you to design custom food clamshell packaging to maximize your product’s customer appeal and maintain its integrity through manufacturing, transportation, display and customer use. Our rigorous quality standards and procedures in conjunction with our ISO9001:2008 certification will ensure that your custom food clamshell packaging is of the highest quality. Our custom food packaging products are designed to be tamper proof and to provide you with maximum flexibility. For more information, take a look at Food Clamshell Packaging.
Custom Medical Clamshell Packaging:
Universal Plastics is ISO 9001 Registered and ANAB Accredited and we are proudly committed to manufacturing custom medical clamshell packaging of the highest quality standards. We will partner with you at the very outset, from the product concept stage, to help design custom medical clamshell packaging which protects & maintains the integrity of your product, displays it effectively for customer use and keeps your unit costs low. For more information, take a look at Medical Clamshell Packaging.
Custom Retail Clamshell Packaging:
Our custom retail clamshell packaging solutions are designed to maximize your product’s visual appeal on the shelf, protect against pilferage and damage, and allow you to effectively personalize your product display and messaging. Universal Plastics’ years of experience with custom retail clamshell packaging has taught us to understand the importance of functional, eye-catching packaging and we will partner with you to create the optimum custom retail clamshell packaging for your needs. For more information, take a look at Retail Clamshell Packaging.
Custom Clamshell Packaging Advantages:
- Provides a clear and protected view of your products
- Custom design allows you to showcase your product’s unique attributes effectively
- Offers the ability to optimally position your product and messaging
- Can be tamper-proof, reducing pilferage
- Allows flexibility for your product to be stand-alone or hung
- Can be used with either manual or automated package assembly
Other Custom Plastic Packaging Capabilities:
Custom material handling and drip trays are also more affordable than ever. Low volumes are not a problem and shouldn’t force you to overlook a custom plastic solution. We can design a thermoformed tray which offers maximum value for your business, with a lower initial investment. Visit our Plastics Trays page for more information.
Feel free to contact us today and speak with one of our experienced sales engineers. Our sales team has over 45 years of experience in the custom plastic packaging industry and can help you determine the best solution for your needs.