Since Universal Plastics was founded in 1965, our company has been a leader in the thermoforming industry. We specialize in precision custom thermoforming, a plastic manufacturing process that converts a sheet of plastic into a highly detailed finished product, with less tooling investment than other plastic molding processes.
Our plant, located in Holyoke Massachusetts, has over 95,000 square feet, and we have over 100 employees. Since our inception, we have refined and advanced the custom thermoforming, pressure forming, and fabrication process to match our customers’ needs and launch thousands of new products.
Universal Plastics’ award winning design, modern manufacturing facilities, warehousing and shipping services can bring your product to life in 8 weeks or less, and improve your bottom line with less initial investment and a superior commitment to your needs. Our thermoformed products can match the quality and finish of injection molding, in high performance plastics, and in sizes that dwarf the capabilities of most molders.
As a family-run business, we uphold a strong commitment to our customers. We upgrade our equipment and technology, and support continued training for our employees at every opportunity to ensure we can offer innovative products of high value that work for their intended use.
Universal Plastics prides itself on working collaboratively with our customers to improve our skills and technology to continue to deliver innovative custom thermoformed plastic product solutions that work.
We work with a long-standing and diverse set of customers, from fortune 500 companies to smaller OEMs to start-ups, in industries including aerospace, medical, electronics, and outdoor equipment. Our customers have placed their trust in us to deliver the right product at the right price, the first time.
Universal Plastics is also proud to offer a manufacturing service which is state of the art. Some highlights are as follows:
- Our CAD engineers have over 40 years of design and prototype design experience in numerous industries
- Across the company, we have extensive knowledge of the quality and design requirements of the aerospace, medical, and electronics industries
- Our tooling engineers have over 100 collective years of thermoforming experience
- We take pride in strong working partnerships with our material suppliers and their application development and testing laboratories
- We offer warehousing services such as KanBan and dock-to-stock
- We offer secondary services such as complex assembly, painting & RF/EMI shielding and drape forming
Our Mission Statement sums it up:
“We endeavor to custom manufacture plastic products, which exceed the expectations of our customers while operating an organization which exceeds the expectations of our employees.”
To learn more about our company and how we can help you with your thermoformed plastics needs, please contact us.