The Customer’s Challenge:
This old unattractive part was too square, too heavy and too complex. Critical requirements were:
- Greater visual appeal; less “boxy” appearance
- Lower weight
Universal Plastics’ Solution:
Universal Plastics proposed and manufactured a seamless, smooth surface. The final result offered less weight, fewer components, and improved stiffness for durability.
- Assembly reduction consolidation of two parts into one
- Addition of molded in ribs for structural stability and rigidity
- Texturizing of the mold and mist coat painting to efficiently impart proper surface finish
- Inclusion of a painting groove in the mold to accurately mask for a two toned painting operation
Why Injection Molding?
As a leader in gas assist injection molding for large parts. Universal Plastics provided:
- Part consolidation/reduction
- Highly attractive surface finish
- Lower weight; greater stiffness